The brain is amazing and does so much for us. Here is a video we made to introduce some fun facts about the brain”
Here are ten crazy facts we learned about the brain that we thought were fascinating.
- The human brain weighs about 3 lbs.
- While an elephant’s brain is physically larger than a human brain, the human brain is 2% of total body weight (compared to 0.15% of an elephant’s brain), meaning humans have the largest brain to body size.
- The human brain structure is almost fully developed by age 11, though some higher self-management brain functions continue to develop into the mid 20’s–this explains a lot!
- The human brain contains 400 miles of blood vessels.
- A human brain is 75% water.
- Aristotle (384 BC-322 BC) believed that the center of thought was the heart and that the brain’s function was merely to cool the heart.
- Neurons send info to your brain at more than 150 miles (241 kilometers) per hour.
- Your brain uses 20% of the total oxygen and blood in your body.
- When awake, the human brain produces enough electricity to power a small light bulb.
- Exercise can help your brain learn.
Trick Your Brain!
We enjoyed this Live Science entry that gives you seven different ways to trick your brain. It worked on us!
Here’s some more tricks from Forbes. Will you be fooled?